Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Data source name not found and no default driver specified

On the database server, when I try to connect my SQL Server registration, I
get the error on the subject line. WHen I check my SQL Server Services using
SQL Server Services Manager, I do not see my server name in the drop down box
- I have to type it in. SQL Server Agent and server services are started. My
jobs failed because of the error. I have never had to set up a DSN on the
server to get a connection to the database. PLease help to resolveHmmm...Is this a clean installation, an upgrade, etc...
Might be related (and I emphasize might) to MDAC. Check out:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=301202
and
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&displaylang=en
HTH
Jerry
"spoons" <spoons@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CD4E905C-F6B5-4B1F-A1F8-8D205580DB35@.microsoft.com...
> On the database server, when I try to connect my SQL Server registration,
> I
> get the error on the subject line. WHen I check my SQL Server Services
> using
> SQL Server Services Manager, I do not see my server name in the drop down
> box
> - I have to type it in. SQL Server Agent and server services are started.
> My
> jobs failed because of the error. I have never had to set up a DSN on the
> server to get a connection to the database. PLease help to resolve
>sql

No comments:

Post a Comment