Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Data source name not found and no default driver specified
This is the error I get when attempting to install my copy of SQL Server
2000 developer edition.
I had SQL Server installed on my workstation, functioning correctly. My
computer crashed and it appears that there is some sort of registry
corruption because I could not open up my local instance in Enterprise
Manager.
Checking ODBCAD32, it did not appear that I had any drivers installed for
any source (MS Access, standard ODBC, SQL Server, etc.)
I attempted to execute the MDAC on the Microsoft web site with no results.
The component Checker determined that I had MDAC 2.8 SP1 on Windows XP SP2.
I uninstalled and reinstalled SQL Server and on the final step, the above
message appeared.
How do I get the default SQL Server driver reinstalled to my workstation. My
network techs indicate that I have to reinstall my OS to get the drivers
back. This seems a little extreme.
Thank you in advance.Any joy there ? I was demoing a client install of SQL 2000 when I
canceled it and "poof" all my ODBC drivers disappeared.
I had previously installed and removed SQL 2005 Beta, so the only option
I had was to re-install connectivity to SQL 2005 and use "SQL Native
Client"
It looks like a re-build.
I've seen a few posts like this but never any response.
yay.
In article <u8fOB7fFFHA.4016@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
sxcostanzo@.hotmail.com says...
> Data source name not found and no default driver specified
> This is the error I get when attempting to install my copy of SQL Server
> 2000 developer edition.
> I had SQL Server installed on my workstation, functioning correctly. My
> computer crashed and it appears that there is some sort of registry
> corruption because I could not open up my local instance in Enterprise
> Manager.
> Checking ODBCAD32, it did not appear that I had any drivers installed for
> any source (MS Access, standard ODBC, SQL Server, etc.)
> I attempted to execute the MDAC on the Microsoft web site with no results.
> The component Checker determined that I had MDAC 2.8 SP1 on Windows XP SP2
.
> I uninstalled and reinstalled SQL Server and on the final step, the above
> message appeared.
> How do I get the default SQL Server driver reinstalled to my workstation.
My
> network techs indicate that I have to reinstall my OS to get the drivers
> back. This seems a little extreme.
> Thank you in advance.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment