Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Data source synchronization issue: Connection string conflict?

I was NOT using data source till now. I was directly using Ole DB Connection. Everything works as expected.

Today, I created a new Data Source based on the existing Ole Db connection.

I changed my tasks to use this Data Source.

Now, everytime I open the dtsx file, a screen pops-up with title "Synchronize Connection Strings". It reads: "This package contains at least one connection which is based on a data source. The connection strings for the connection and the data source listed below are not identical. Connection string of the connection will be updated to reflect those on the data source.

Connection : XYZ

Data Source: XYZ

Old Connection String: machine_name\instance_name; User ID=sa; Initial Catalog = MyDB; Provider=SQLOLEDB.1

New Connection String: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1; Data Source = machine_name\instance_name; Persist Security Info = true; Password=; User ID=; Initial Catalog = MyDB

I press the OK button, but the screen repeats if I close the dtsx file and re-open it. The underlying error is:

Error 1 Validation error. Data Flow Task - MyTaskName: OLE DB Destination - mytable [214]: The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "machine_name\instance_name.MyDB.sa" failed with error code 0xC0202009. mypackage.dtsx 0 0
Any idea?looks like a bug... can you open one, please?

thanks|||Sorry, I did not look at this post and therefore your reply till today (when I thought about using Data Sources again).

How do I submit this bug?

No comments:

Post a Comment