Sunday, March 25, 2012

data source error Login Failed

I am using Analysis Services and SQL 2000. On my Analysis Services machine I
define my data source to point to a remote SQL 2000 server using windows
authentication with my domain admin account. I can create the cube and
everything looks great but when I process the cube I get login errors. data
source provider error Login failed for user '\\domain\computer$' 42000.
Surely, this is an easy fix.
Thanks,
Kevin E.
Processing is actually done by the MSSQLServerOLAPService service
(msmdsrv.exe).
It is not based on your interactive credentials (like browsing, etc.)
You need to modify the service to use your domain account.
Dave Wickert [MSFT]
dwickert@.online.microsoft.com
Program Manager
BI SystemsTeam
SQL BI Product Unit (Analysis Services)
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"KevinE" <eckart_612@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:i8Sdnbpqcc1h0hbfRVn-sA@.centurytel.net...
>I am using Analysis Services and SQL 2000. On my Analysis Services machine
>I define my data source to point to a remote SQL 2000 server using windows
>authentication with my domain admin account. I can create the cube and
>everything looks great but when I process the cube I get login errors.
>data source provider error Login failed for user '\\domain\computer$'
>42000. Surely, this is an easy fix.
> Thanks,
> Kevin E.
>
|||I'm having the same problem now... how do you modify this
MSSQLServerOLAPService service? thanks.
"Dave Wickert [MSFT]" wrote:

> Processing is actually done by the MSSQLServerOLAPService service
> (msmdsrv.exe).
> It is not based on your interactive credentials (like browsing, etc.)
> You need to modify the service to use your domain account.
> --
> Dave Wickert [MSFT]
> dwickert@.online.microsoft.com
> Program Manager
> BI SystemsTeam
> SQL BI Product Unit (Analysis Services)
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "KevinE" <eckart_612@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:i8Sdnbpqcc1h0hbfRVn-sA@.centurytel.net...
>
>
|||Go into your services on the computer that is accessing the data source and
go to the properties of MSSQLServerOLAPService. In the login tab, change the
user from local system account to a domain level account.
KevinE.
"G. Kumar" <GKumar@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:607F313E-A43E-494C-B8F7-214C8320C013@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> I'm having the same problem now... how do you modify this
> MSSQLServerOLAPService service? thanks.
> "Dave Wickert [MSFT]" wrote:

No comments:

Post a Comment