Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Data Source Views

I'm looking for examples of using Data Source Views as data source within a Data Flow. I have looked through the code examples supplied with the CTP but no joy.

Thanks
Al

You do not have to write code to use DSVs with Data Flows in SSIS.

You need to create a new Data Source and then a new DSV based on that Data Source.
Now add a new connection based on the Data Source to the Data Flow.
Add a OLEDB Source component and then you will have the choice of using the DSV in the OLEDB Source component UI.|||This will hopefully help

http://wiki.sqlis.com/default.aspx/SQLISWiki/DataSourceViewsAndSourceAdapters.html

Allan

"Alasdair Anderson@.discussions.microsoft.com" Anderson@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

news:88786eb8-c940-4590-b62a-485ae15b1803@.discussions.microsoft.com:

> I'm looking for examples of using Data Source Views as data source

> within a Data Flow. I have looked through the code examples supplied

> with the CTP but no joy.

>

> Thanks

> Al|||Very helpful guys thanks.

I have followup. How would you construct a data source view to look across data sources.

For example I have a Customers Dimension but the customer information sits across 3 hetrogeneous sources. Is it possible to sit a DSV across the 3 different databases to provide one view of customer to be used in the ETL?|||

Alasdair,
yes, this is possible. I don't know how to set it up specifically but I know you can definately do it.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment