Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Data SOurce View and Missing Diagrams

Guys, I am a newbie working through the SSAS tutorial. I am at lesson 5 and something has gone wrong with my Data Source View. Although I have diagrams in the Diagram Source pane I can not get them to show in the actual diagram pane. That pane just shows a grey background rather than the cream canvas. New diagrams in that data source view show the same problem.

If I create a new Data Sorce View, I can create diagrams and see them.

I do not want to create a new Data Sorce View and abandon the old one, because it will break the tutorial. I do not have a record of everything that was in the old one. Neither do I know how to repoint my cube at the new Data Sorce View.

Can someone please tell me how to restore the view of the diagrams.

Thanks

Cliff

How about re-installing the tutorial files? It is hard to tell what was wrong, but you might want to send the broken solution to andrewgaATnetzeroDOTcom and i will take a look.

In order to change the data source view for the cube you can invoke View | Code menu item when the cube designer is open, locate the XML code like below and replace the ID of the DSV.

<Source dwd:design-time-name="80d8b583-e073-4437-83cc-f17c461bfa13">
<DataSourceViewID>Simple Sales</DataSourceViewID>
</Source>

Note, that you will probably have to change bindings for existing measures.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment