Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Data Sources

I have created a report, and would like to use the data contained in that report to create another report. In essence, one report would be the dataset for another report. I can't find any indication that this is possible. Can anyone give me a suggestion?This is possible but not easy. First, you would need to write (or purchase)
a data provider that accepts XML data input from a URL.
Then you would use that data provider to get an export of the report from
the report server in XML format (using URL access).
--
My employer's lawyers require me to say:
"This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
rights."
"RptSrvQuests" <RptSrvQuests@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:188E428D-4979-4ADE-B1B9-441E47011558@.microsoft.com...
> I have created a report, and would like to use the data contained in that
report to create another report. In essence, one report would be the
dataset for another report. I can't find any indication that this is
possible. Can anyone give me a suggestion?|||The best place to start is the section of the documentation titled
"Implementing a Data Processing Extension".
It is also available in MSDN:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/RSPROG/htm/rsp_prog_extend_dataproc_5c2q.asp
--
My employer's lawyers require me to say:
"This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
rights."
"RptSrvQuests" <RptSrvQuests@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4B5F8B34-B05F-412E-9F19-62791C1CDE00@.microsoft.com...
> Can you provide an example of a data provider or what code it would be
written in? I would also like a more detailed description of how to carry
out the process. I'm still relatively new to RS, and need detailed
instructions on carrying out procedures.
> "Chris Hays [MSFT]" wrote:
> > This is possible but not easy. First, you would need to write (or
purchase)
> > a data provider that accepts XML data input from a URL.
> > Then you would use that data provider to get an export of the report
from
> > the report server in XML format (using URL access).
> >
> > --
> > My employer's lawyers require me to say:
> > "This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties, and confers no
> > rights."
> >
> > "RptSrvQuests" <RptSrvQuests@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:188E428D-4979-4ADE-B1B9-441E47011558@.microsoft.com...
> > > I have created a report, and would like to use the data contained in
that
> > report to create another report. In essence, one report would be the
> > dataset for another report. I can't find any indication that this is
> > possible. Can anyone give me a suggestion?
> >
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment