Sunday, March 25, 2012

Data Source Expressions

Hi,

Is there anyone out there who has succesfully used Data Source Expressions? I've tried the way MS describes inhttp://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156450.aspx.
I even tried using no parameters at all, so my datasource was: ="Data Source=VOYAGER;Initial Catalog=MaxCC". When I remove the =" and the last " everything works fine (since it isn't an expression anymore but just a connectionstring).
With any expression I keep getting the error:

rsUnexpectedCompilerError] An unexpected error occurred while compiling expressions. Native compiler return value: ‘[BC32017] Comma, ')', or a valid expression continuation expected.’.

Thanx in advance!

Ferry

Ok, found it. It works perfectly, but I named the datasource "Test DS". The space in the name of the datasource is the killer. Changing the name to "Test_DS" did the trick!sql

No comments:

Post a Comment