Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Data Source Issues using DB2

Has anyone used SSIS with DB2 as a data source. I am able to make it work with the OLE/db driver for DB2, but it is verrrrry slow and fails if it is not an extreamly small table (probably < 1000 rows). It runs much faster and seems to handle large tables if I do it with a script component using an ODBC DataReader. We would like to not have to write code for every table and I can't get a pre-defined data source to work with ODBC.

The OLE driver also seems to have trouble running queries. What I mean by that is that it only works if I use the Table or View option on the OLE data source, it hiccups if I try to use the SQL Command option.

Sorry if I'm overloading the forum, but we have a number of questions.One thing you can try is to create an ADO.NET:ODBC connection in SSIS and use DataReaderSource adapter to pull out data, see whether that works.

We got reports of similar issues when customers use IBM OLEDB provider and the root causes seemed to fall into the provider's plate, not actually SSIS problems.
If instead you are using MS OLEDB Provider for DB2 and facing issues, please provide more detailed information about, for example the failure info, how "slow" when processing large amount of rows etc, and we will be able to better assist you.

Thanks
Wenyang|||Yes, I figured out the ado.net/datareader solution this morning and it works pretty well. We are using IBM's OLEDB provider. I will try and get the MS OLEDB for DB2 to see how that does.

Thanks for the help!
Harrysql

No comments:

Post a Comment