Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Data source for Time Dimension?

Hi;

I have been trying to create Time Dimension for one of the column in the table i.e. EntryDate and I am unable to connect the time dimension which I create using the Wizard using the 2nd option which is Without using data source. It created a dimension but it is not connected to any data source and when I process it gives me error, data source is not specified.

I am very new to Analysis service, I am using SQL Server 2005. I want to create a report where I can show my data by month, by year depending upon the EntryDate column of a table.

Thanks

Have you tried the adventure works dw data base that is part of the samples that you can install with SQL Server 2005 and SSAS2005? In that database you have several dimension tables and a time dimension table.

If you would like to test your skills in building dimensions with a data source I recommend this database.

Regards

Thomas Ivarsson

No comments:

Post a Comment