Thursday, March 29, 2012

Data Sparsity across dimensions

With the AutoExists functionality, in one dimension I would never have a combination of two mutually exclusive members. For example day of week in a date dimension. If I wanted to have Day of Week as a seperate dimension (this is the simplest example I can think of trying to explain my current situation) is there any way to enforce the same relationship so that when I select a specific date it knows what day of the week it is and doesn't try and cross the two dimensions every time?

Thanks in advance.
Mike

There are others that have had the same thought. Is this what you are looking fore(http://prologika.com/CS/blogs/blog/archive/2006/10/21/Linked-Attribute-Hierarchies.aspx) ?

Perhaps in a future release.

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

|||Hi Thomas

Thanks for this, if this is in a future release I really think it would be great.

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment