Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Data Source Security

When a paticular user runs a report, she is getting an error that refers to
not having security to the data source.
I went to the Report Manager and added her to the properties>security of the
datasource. Also, I went into sql and gave her db.readerwrites to the
databases.
Am I missing something else? I have this problem on another project as
well. Any ideas?On Aug 14, 6:02 pm, Ryan Mcbee <RyanMc...@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> When a paticular user runs a report, she is getting an error that refers to
> not having security to the data source.
> I went to the Report Manager and added her to the properties>security of the
> datasource. Also, I went into sql and gave her db.readerwrites to the
> databases.
> Am I missing something else? I have this problem on another project as
> well. Any ideas?
If you have default SQL authentication set for the datasource in the
Report Manager, you may want to make sure that the SQL account has
adequate permissions to execute stored procedures/queries in the
database, etc that the report is accessing and the correct password
and connection string. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Enrique Martinez
Sr. Software Consultant

No comments:

Post a Comment